Severa modem / SMS alarm
The Severa modem / SMS alarm makes it possible for you to control your machines and installations remotely via the fixed or mobile telephone networks. You contact your PLC or process computer on site via the modem. By activating the inputs (max. 8) breakdowns can be reported with an SMS message. The relay outputs can be used to switch remotely or to reset your application.
Something that's unique is the built-in emergency power supply which means that you are sent an automatic SMS message if there is a power failure.
Thanks to its modest dimensions and DIN rail mounting the Severa fits in every control cabinet.
Models for PSTN, GSM and GPRS
Real-time process control and telemetry are also possible with the Severa which can also be supplied for the GSM/GPRS network. With GPRS your application is always online and so can be accessed via the Internet. See the Severa GPRS page for more information.
Implementation help for GPRS
With GPRS, your application is on-line at all times via the Internet. However, lack of familiarity with the technical features generally makes it difficult to estimate the implementation costs in advance. To allow you to control your project costs, Adesys offers several ways to help you during implementation. Contact us for more information.
Guarantee on firmware stability
With most modem manufacturers product changes follow quickly one after the other and this generally results in non-compatible software revisions. This can mean that you, as user, also have to adapt your application to the new conditions making it difficult for your service department if anything is replaced or extended. Because we are fully aware of this, software revisions at Adesys are not only a lot less frequent, but compatibility with previous versions is very much taken into account. This approach, and Adesys practice of keeping our modems available for up to ten years, ensures that your application can be used for years without any problems.
This product is used in:
- Available for GSM/GPRS or the analogue net (PSTN)
- DIN rail mounting, dimensions wxhxd = 23x95x104 mm
- Also available as OEM model (without housing)
- Also available with different protocols
- 2 or 8 digital inputs for alarms
- Analogue inputs possible 0-10V or 0-20mA with limiting value monitoring
- Alarm reporting via SMS message, text can be changed
- Maximum of 8 call numbers per input with programmable dialing sequence
- 2 relay outputs for switching via SMS message (GSM only)
- Hayes compatible modem (GSM: 9.600bd, PSTN: V.90)
- Power supply 15-28Vac, 8-35Vdc
- Emergency power supply provided by built-in, rechargeable NiMH battery
- RS232 connection for setting up and modem communication
- Free, user friendly software for setting up