Octalarm Connect | Octalarm Connect XL
The service Octalarm Connect ensures that calls via mobile networks and VoIP are available immediately for low, fixed costs per month. The VoIP call connection is guaranteed via a double executed secure server of Adesys. You can easily activate the supplied SIM card during the setup wizard. As a result, no firewall issues (VPN) occur and no manual email settings (SMTP) are required. Herewith, the alarm dialler works out of the box.
Connect versus Connect XL
We offer two different services: Octalarm Connect and Octalarm Connect XL. The difference between the two services is in the number of messages that can be called out. Connecting with process computers automatically results in more alarm messages, so a larger bundle is needed.
- Octalarm Connect (a € 14,95) is offered with the Octalarm-Touch.
- Octalarm Connect XL (a € 19.95) is offered with the Octalarm-Touch Pro.
Where Octalarm Connect has coverage
Octalarm Connect has coverage in Europe (zone 1; blue area) and in Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Japan and some countries in South America and Africa (zone 2; orange area). Download overview 'Where Octalarm Connect has coverage'
However, when 2G and 3G are switched off in the country concerned, as for example in the United States, the Octalarm should call over 4G using VoLTE. This is not possible with KPN's current M2M sims. KPN is considering the roll-out of VoLTE on these SIM cards, but it is not yet clear when this will start. More information on the global VoLTE roll-out
Octalarm Connect in a nutshell
Fast and reliable operation
- All-in service for mobile phone and VoIP/SIP calls with KPN SIM card and Adésys servers monitored 24/7
- Fully configured and ready for use out of the box
- Payment per month by automatic collection or credit card with end customer
- For Octalarm-Touch (Octalarm Connect): €14.95 per month flat fee
- For Octalarm-Touch Pro (Octalarm Connect XL): €19.95 per month flat fee
- Reliable VoIP/SIP and mobile phone connections set in one go
- VoIP/SIP call connection through duplicated secure servers from Adésys
- Always connected for (automatic) software updates
- All settings set by default, so immediately ready to go
- No problems with firewalls (VPN)
- No manual settings needed (SMTP)
Risk limitation by 24/7 secure double servers from Adésys
- 24/7 server monitoring
- Duplicated: when a server fails the other server automatically takes over, without you even noticing
One fixed price per month (flat fee)
- €14.95 excluding VAT for Octalarm Connect; to be purchased for the Octalarm-Touch alarm dialler (starting rate: first two months only €1,- excluding VAT)
- €19.95 excluding VAT for Octalarm Connect XL; to be purchased for the Octalarm-Touch Pro alarm dialler (starting rate: first two months only €1,- excluding VAT)
- No extra data or call costs
- No extra costs for VoIP/SIP
- No surprises afterwards
- Can be cancelled after 1 year (monthly)
Product information and explanatory files
General terms and conditions
- General Terms and Conditions Octalarm Connect (v4 11-2021) (PDF, 188.00 KB)
- Why choose Octalarm Connect (PDF, 190.22 KB)
- Where Octalarm Connect has coverage (PDF, 211.47 KB)
- How to convert Connect to a new owner (PDF, 231.54 KB)
- How to adjust the account number (PDF, 304.87 KB)
- How to adjust the Email address for billing (PDF, 222.01 KB)
- What to do after a double payment (PDF, 227.01 KB)
- What to do in case of payment failure (PDF, 361.87 KB)
The service Octalarm Connect* ensures that calls can be made at low, fixed costs per month via GSM and VoIP/SIP. Via the setup wizard your installer can easily activate the SIM card that comes with it. No firewall issues (VPN) occur as a result and no manual e-mail settings (SMTP) are required. The alarm dialler works 'out of the box'.
- All in service for GSM and VoIP/SIP calling with KPN simcard and 24/7 monitored Adésys servers
- Fully configured and ready to use straight out of the box
- Settlement per month via direct debit or credit card with end customer (at € 14,95 per month)
You activate Octalarm Connect in just 7 steps. How you do that is explained in the information sheet Why choose Octalarm Connect?
Both services ensure that calls can be made directly at low, fixed costs per month via GSM and VoIP/SIP (with Adesys servers monitored 24/7). The difference is in the number of messages that can be called out. Linking with process computers automatically results in more alarm messages, so a larger bundle is needed.
- Octalarm Connect (ad € 14,95) is offered with the Octalarm-Touch.
- Octalarm Connect XL (€ 19.95) is offered with the Octalarm-Touch Pro and ARA-Touch Pro.
Octalarm Connect works in zone 1 and zone 2 (Download coverage overview Octalarm Connect)
- Create a company account on the Octalarm portal (https://portal.octalarm.com) at a location where internet is available
- Contact the Adésys helpdesk by phone so we can manually add the Octalarm-Touch or the Octalarm-Touch Pro to your account. The helpdesk can be reached from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm on telephone number +31 174 794024.
To manually add the dialler, we need the serial number of the Octalarm-Touch or Octalarm-Touch Pro:
- Press on the GSM range at de device
- Write down the serial number on the system information screen
- Activate Octalarm Connect through the Octalarm portal
- Go to the tab 'Account'
- Select 'Octalarm Connect'
- Follow the instructions for registration and payment
Yes, that is correct. Due to the strongly increased purchase costs for GSM and VoIP/SIP calls and the rising costs for maintenance and keeping the 24/7 monitored Adésys servers in the air, we are forced to increase the price of Octalarm Connect from January 2022 to € 14,95 per month. The use of the portal (https://portal.octalarm.com) and the app 'Adesys Alarm' will remain free of charge.
Besides the price increase, the general terms and conditions of Octalarm Connect have also been changed.
An annual invoice for paying your Octalarm Connect subscription is unfortunately not possible.
Our automated direct debit system Mollie Payments, which is used worldwide, does not offer the possibility to do an annual direct debit.
The processing of payments is fully automatic and may take a few days. If the amount has already been debited from your account and you have not yet received an invoice via e-mail, the invoicing has not yet been fully processed at that time. As soon as the payment has been fully processed, the invoice will automatically be sent to the Email address provided.
Would you like to change the bank account number from which the monthly amount for the Octalarm Connect subscription
is being debited? You can arrange it self in only 4 steps!
Info sheet 'How to adjust the account number'
Yes, provided that the accounting program can handle a one-off verification. Whether this is the case, you can check with the supplier of your accounting program.
Does you prefer that the E-mail message with the invoice for Octalarm Connect is mailed directly to your accounting program? In just 3 steps you can arrange it yourselve!
Does you prefer that the e-mail message with the invoice for Octalarm Connect is mailed directly to the person concerned? In just 3 steps you can arrange it yourselve!
The subscription that you enters into with Adésys will be collected with a direct debit via iDeal or credit card. When the payment is also made through a bank transfer, this payment will be transferred back to the account number that was used to pay. You does not have to do anything.
Info sheet 'What to do after a double payment'
Occasionally a payment for Octalarm Connect via direct debit fails. What now and perhaps more importantly: will the alarm still work?
First of all we would like to reassure you that you do not need to worry about the Octalarm-Touch or Octalarm-Touch Pro working. We hold the safety of alarms in high esteem and will therefore not simply proceed to terminate Octalarm Connect.
However, you needsto arrange the payment in only 4 steps to guarantee your subscription.
Info sheet 'What to do in case of payment failure'
When taking over a company it is desirable to transfer the running Octalarm Connect subscription to the new owner after the sale of the estate, to the new owner. As the old owner, you can arrange this with the new owner yourself in the
the portal. It can be done in just 5 steps!
Info sheet 'how to convert Connect to the new owner'
For the all in service Octalarm Connect the General Terms and Conditions of Octalarm Connect (v4 11-2021) apply.
Alarm dialler with the latest technologies for monitoring critical technical processes to prevent damage and production loss.